Farnham Chamber of Commerce
Welcome to our website ….
With some more fresh faces elected to our committee in 2016, a revitalised Farnham Chamber continues its plan to support our Members through a dynamic, collaborative approach to understanding their business needs, helping them achieve their goals and providing a platform for addressing and resolving their local business issues.
Our new committee structure ensures that each committee member is responsible for leading or directly supporting a sub-committee through clear objectives, for which they will be accountable.
The list of sub-committees and the leading committee member are as follows:
- Education & Non-Commercial Sector: TBC – please email if you are interested in leading this committee
- Farnham Visitors Forum: Andrew Lodge (Andrew Lodge Ltd)
- Health & Wellbeing: Jackie Denyer (PTS Ltd)
- Local Authorities: Iain Steele (Park Steele), Chamber Vice President
- Marketing: Martin Davidge-Stringer (Best of Farnham) and Julie Jackson (Essential Public Relations) managing events.
- Member Recruitment: Amanda Glover (Managing Partner, BakerLaw)
- Planning & Environment: Gary Meyjes (Principle, Clifford Cowling)
- Retail: TBC – please email if you are interested in leading this committee
- Retail Leisure: Kevin Halstead (General Manager, Frensham Pond Hotel)
Other valued members of our team are:
We invite you – our Members – to participate in the sub-committee activities, giving you the opportunity to contribute as well as ensure we are meeting your needs. The 2016 goals of the sub-committees will be published here as soon as they are agreed, as will the new Mission and Objectives of the Chamber.
We expect to add to the list of sub-committees (such as Technology) as we move forward and engage with potential new members.
As promised, our new collaborative partnerships are underway with Haslemere, Godalming and Cranleigh Chambers as well as the Economic Development Team at Waverley Borough Council. We have also become an affiliate member of the Surrey Chamber of Commerce.
These partnerships will bring new reach, influence and opportunities to our members and we look forward to working with you all to realise the full benefits this will bring to you and your businesses.
On behalf of myself and the committee I wish you a warm welcome once again and look forward to meeting and working with you in the year ahead.