December Spotlight members: Creative Response
What is Creative Response?
Founded in 1993 by artist Mike Prinsep, Creative Response is an independent, arts related organization established and run by professional practising artists who offer a unique, supportive environment promoting personal resilience and wellbeing through art.
People who could benefit from our service may be experiencing issues with:
- Mental Health
- Drug or Alcohol Addiction
- Physical Disabilities
- On the ‘Autistic Spectrum’
- Dementia or Alzheimer’s
Anyone aged 18 or above, who would benefit from social interaction and building positive relationships with others through art. Learning transferable skills and promoting arts for wellbeing through this service.
What do we offer?
- Daily creative sessions of either 2 ½ or 5 hours depending on individual needs and funding
- Person centred support based on a foundation of mutual trust
- Arts related transferable skills from participation in art, music making and performance
- A unique, supportive environment
- Acceptance of people for who they are
- Weekly structure to facilitate stability
- Outreach service for people with physical or mental challenges.
- Group and solo exhibitions plus specialist workshops throughout the year
- Learn art techniques including Felting, Pottery, Printing and Sculpture
Our need for regular financial support is fundamental in continuing to provide our unique service in the community. You can support us by contacting us about:
- Becoming a friend
- Easy Fundraising
- Regular donations
- Leave a legacy